Friday, November 5, 2010

Landfill bait?

Some people collect cats and dogs, and some get odder items sent their way.





This was headed to the landfill, so like the fool I am I told him to load it up and I'd take care of it.

It is an old Fischer, from sometime in the mid twenties.

It still has the ivory keys, and the action is decent.

The wood case has some neat detail but it is dry and sunburnt.

The pin block has some loose pins, and therein lies the reason he didn't want to dink with it.

Look at the legs!

And the matching stool!

Interesting lines.....

Brass furniture.

I have an oak Cable Euphona player piano ahead of this one in line, so it'll lay for a while before I get to it. More projects! Yippie.

1 comment:

St. Blogwen said...

What a beautiful instrument! Too bad about the loose pins, but it sounds like you have an idea of what to do about it.

I rescued a 1911 Lester upright grand about two and a half years ago, and I haven't regretted it.http://sowsearhouse.blogspot.com/2008/03/piano-tuna.html

Good luck!

Kate H.